Tuesday, June 21

Mermaid Parade

the best friend and I took a little trip down to Coney Island for their annual Mermaid Parade.

not much of a parade honestly.  but some of the BEST people watching I have seen in a long time.  and I'm not just talking the people walking in the parade.  Coney Island seems to bring out the best sort of people to gather in one area - think carny kinda folks.  now while I have pictures of those walking in the parade, I don't really have any of those not walking in the parade, but spectating rather.  this is mainly due to the fact that I was very afraid of what these folks might do if I just snap a photo of them without their knowledge.  however, now that I think about it I probably just should have asked them and I'm sure they would have been delighted to pose for a picture (maybe even 2 or 100, depending on the individual).

however, before the parade began the best friend and I had to get a Nathan's hot dog.  so we had our dogs and downed them with some good ol' Coney Island beer while hanging out at Beer Island.  good times all around and who knows... I might even dress up next year for this thing.  ;)

 the Coney Island beer I had at Beer Island
 starting this kid's pimping skills early


 Ursula.  couldn't you tell?
I saw way more boobies at this parade than I ever expected to

1 comment:

{furi kuri} travels said...

Love the pics- it looks like you had a blast! That Ursula costume is fab, I may need to get one of those bad boys for myself
xx