Sunday, August 22

a weekend jaunt

one of the most fantastical things about living in this city is the weekend jaunts to the "countryside." after all, this is a concrete jungle and it's nice to see green grass every now and then (I know we have that GIANT green space in the middle of the island, but having greenery be everywhere around you is quite different).

one weekend then, I hopped on a train then with Gay Uncle and we headed up to his home in Connecticut. he lives in a gorgeous farm house complete with the most amazing kitchen I've ever seen. so amazing in fact, that it made me want to cook full course meals! [and for those that know me, me cooking (let a alone a full course meal,) is definitely few and far between.] my cooking skills only made it as far as making an omelete. however, it was probably the best omelete ever - solely due to the fact that every time I've tried to make one it's always ended turning into scrambled eggs.
(I am pretty proud of this omelete, so I decided to share it)

during the day we took a drive to go antiquing, consignment, and yard sale shopping. things that are little hard to do in the city, especially the yard sale owing to the fact that pretty much no one has a yard.
other than that we didn't do much else - mainly just relaxed. though I did play a Wii for the first time. on the giant (I'm talking huge - I'm pretty sure it's the biggest TV on the market today) TV and I learned one very important thing. I absolutely suck at Wii Tennis. I am, however, quite good at bowling. at least much better than I am in real life considering I can never seem to get a score above 100.
(kind of what I felt I looked like when trying to play tennis)

No comments: