Wednesday, August 25

can you be both a Mets and a Yankees fan?













my baseball friends will tell me no - this is impossible. to be honest though, I don't care for baseball in the least, so I'll "cheer" for whatever team you ask me to. (I only mention this because in one of my earlier posts I said I was a Mets fan.)

on that note, Best Friend came to visit for Memorial Day weekend and we decided to go to a Yankees game. so I got my $10 Yankees hat (it was a kid's hat which is why it was so inexpensive), donned my navy and white and headed up to the Bronx. although I am not a fan of baseball, I will admit that I had a lot of fun at the game. the atmosphere of a baseball game is actually quite intoxicating. sitting there eating your hot dog (nothing but Nathan's of course), drinking beer and listening to (sometimes joining in) the dozens of different chants and cheers. plus, the new stadium is really, really nice. I never made it to the old stadium, but I am not sure I would be wrong in saying that the Yanks definitely traded up. I know the other had a lot of history and was the "House that Ruth Built" and all.. but the new stadium is seriously awesome. so even though I do not like baseball, you better believe I'll be going to more games.

No comments: