Wednesday, February 2

snow tubing

I absolutely love this city (what's not to love?), but it is an abusive relationship (mostly coming from the city side) and it therefore makes getaways, even if only for an evening, a must.

so Fabulous and I decided to do just that.
we went snow tubing in No-wheres-ville, NJ through livingsocial

the trip left from the city (we got to ride in some PIMP buses - Mercedes Benz no less ;) ) and we headed on over to Jersey. I really have absolutely no idea where we were, but the scenery was seriously like something straight out of a movie. I mean the houses were picture perfect, especially all covered with snow. they even came complete with snowmen in the front yard. and almost every tree had the correct amount of snow on it. I seriously don't think you could have gotten any better even if you could have photoshopped the whole thing.

the actual snow tubing was AWESOME. Fabulous and I were screaming like we were five years old. and I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life. first, the lanes we went down were really fast and bumpy and I seriously thought I was going to eat it so many times. then the last few times I went down the kid working at the top spun my tube, so I was going down the lane forwards and backwards and I swear every which way in between. Fabulous and I even had a "race off" with a couple on the trip (the couple won pretty much every time).

(seriously what we looked like - minus the Asian part)


after the snow tubing was over we all got back on the buses (there were 3 of them each holding about 50 people, so needless to say, there were a lot of us) and went to a local bar for a buffet and drinks. I wasn't too impressed with the buffet - it was this lame pasta and then sliders and buffalo wings. I've been trying not to eat meat a lot lately so there really weren't a whole lot of options (going for that whole vegan thing, though it's going to take me a LONG time to actually be fully vegan but baby steps right?). so Fabulous (who is fully vegan) ordered sweet potato fries and we ate those :)


then of course Fabulous and I started a dance revolution. :) we didn't have the greatest choice in music to dance to (you can only bust out your moves to Ke$ha so many times) but still had tons of fun nonetheless. we even inspired a few others to start dancing too. and I don't know how it happened, but we managed to make friends with pretty much ever single one of the guides there (they mentioned they were hiring and I was thinking about applying, if for nothing else than to make better music CD's). while we were having our dance party there was almost the biggest game of flip cup going on that I have ever seen. I say almost because my flip cup game in Israel still wins as we had every single person at the bar, including the bartender, playing.
we unfortunately had to head back to city after that, but let me just say, I will most certainly keep my eye out for this deal again!! :)

No comments: