Wednesday, February 23

private shopping parties

a friend of mine from the non-profit I'm involved with somehow won a private shopping party at the Cynthia Rowley boutique for her and I'm pretty sure as many friends as she wanted to invite.  the event wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but it was still cool nonetheless.  they had champagne (though I wasn't drinking since I'm in the middle of training for a half marathon) and small desserts for us.  some of the clothes were quite interesting (I mean that in the nicest way possible) but others were really, really cute.  the discount was 20% off of everything (they even had the brand new fall line that just debuted at fashion week!), which isn't a whole lot but when do clothes like this ever really go on "sale?"  I unfortunately did not buy anything as I just booked a roundtrip ticket to Paris that day (for future travel, so no worries - it will be included in a later post) and couldn't really afford anything after that.  however, it was cool to be able to say that I was invited to a private shopping party at a designer boutique!  :)

hopefully there will be more in my future...  (especially for Manolo Blahnik!!  hey, a girl can dream right?)

No comments: