Monday, November 30

you have got to be kidding me

so the other night I was leaving an event and decided to take the bus home. call me crazy if you wish, but I love taking the bus. yes I know it takes longer than most modes of transportation (sometimes including walking), but I would much rather be able to look at things rather than being stuck underground. now a post about buses probably does not sound too exciting - but wait til you hear this story.

I get on the bus at a stop (cannot recall which one, but it is not really pertinent to the story). the stop was before the light. the bus stopped, people got off and people got on. we then left the stop, got to the light and had to wait because it was red. I am sitting in the front and next thing I know this guy in a wheelchair comes racing through the crosswalk, screaming and PARKS HIMSELF RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUS! I kid you not - he stopped his wheelchair right in front of the bus so we could not move. and we legit sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for this guy to move.

some pedestrian even tried talking the guy out from in front of the bus. but Mr. Crazy kept screaming something about the bus driver left him on purpose. (I don't necessarily think that was the case, but then again I wasn't the one parked in front of a bus). there was even a point where the guy took his bottle of soda and chucked it at the windshield. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for the bus driver later to clean off sticky coca-cola. one passenger was genius enough to call the cops. the showed up a bit later and literally as soon as they came he moved out from in front of the bus.

the best part of it all - while he was "defiantly" parked in front of the bus, THREE other buses passed that he could have easily taken instead.

even though I was frustrated at the time (I really just wanted to get home), it sure made for an awesome story. only in New York right?
(this wasn't exactly the image I was going for, but it was the closest I could find)

No comments: