Wednesday, November 26

Smoke: A Jazz Club

So last night I went to my very first jazz club. Now I must admit that while I listen to jazz all day at work I really do not know much about it - except that it sounds nice. However, seeing it live is such a different and interesting experience. I now can pick out what kind of instruments are playing what sounds in the song (don't get me wrong - I could pick out a drum and a saxophone before).


This place was rather on the small side - seriouslyyouwerethisclosetothepeoplenexttoyou. But there was not a bad seat in the place, because anywhere you sat you could see the stage - even if you were all the way at the back. There was also a really nice mellow vibe to it (not sure if that's just the nature of jazz clubs in general) and not a lot of loud noise. It was really nice when they started playing because pretty much everyone there just shut up and listened to the music.

All in all, I would definitely recommend going to a jazz club at least once in your life. :)

No comments: